Friday, April 4, 2008

Roses and Elms

Super-Smart Nylonthread tagged me with a meme! I chose a little one-liner from Siggy:

“Everywhere I go I find that a poet has been there before me.” -Sigmund Freud

I actually hear these words in my head when I see my wife in her garden. There really should be no psychology or analysis for one’s muse. Any attempt to shrink it down would be absolutely obscene. It is a distortion to assume that love and beauty are somehow mechanistic, and beautiful people are objects. Moments, like seeing my wife creating gentle beauty, are best left to the poets.

I’ll admit that I have the tendency to analyze things all the way the cellular level. Yet, when it comes to the feeling of love and affection, I think it is best when experienced raw and unadulterated. Let my love only be captured by a poet. The poet’s tortured soul and connotation are far better than anything utilitarian and mechanistic (and therefore much more truthful).

She is exotic uncharted territory. I will never stop searching for the wellspring of her beauty, strength, and warrior spirit (She is cut from rock-solid warrior stock!!). Grace, beauty, power and intelligence all in a delicate package, she rocks me to my core and I am overcome by the depth and meaning!

So, I tag Roses and Elms. Check out her brand new blog! http://rosesandelms.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful, wonderful man... "rock solid" - is that like "dense"? ;) H.

nylonthread said...

Hey, I lurve when somebody calls me super-smart!

What a beautiful quote; and such a sweet dedication. You two are an adorable couple.