Monday, April 14, 2008

Army Strong

I signed up for the army ten miler today! It has taken me over three years to be able to run 7-8 miles per outing. So, I am off to a great start to be in shape for October. Given my years of nicotine abuse, this will be a huge occasion. However, since triumph over adversity themes are much less likely than dry comedy in my life, it was completely expected when my left knee started making this really loud popping sound whenever I descend stairs yesterday.

It does not hurt at all, and it is actually kind of funny when I run down the steps. Pop, pop, pop, pop, pop. However, I am going to be taking it a little easier for a few weeks as a precaution. Despite my new found lung capacity, my knees may not be able to withstand the 200 plus pounds of sexy that they have to endure. Hey! Maybe I can score some percocet if it begins to hurt badly!

2 comments:

nylonthread said...

Wooo Hooo! I am in awe of your resolve.

And when you do the run, make sure you wear a shirt labeled "NADS" so fans can cheer you on!

Aaronish said...

I Love it!!!! "Go Nads!"