Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Uncle Mike


Big sister had a great time with her uncle this weekend. She roped him into reading several stories in a row. My wife and I tried to end her trickery, as we carefully propped up our feet up on the sofa for the first time in five months. It was good to have him over for a few days.


On a another note....the baby is sick again. Daycare has banned her for no less than 24 hours and a doctor's note. Will they still charge us? Yes! Does daycare cost us more than our mortgage? Yes! Did the doctor give me anything to help her symptoms? No!

The poor thing is so miserable. I had to take a "snooze cruise" with her at 11:30 last night. She cried, and cried, but the car ride finally helped her get to sleep. Also, whether playing Iron Maiden either soothes her to sleep, or scares her into silence; I do not know for sure. Yet, it seems to have helped. My findings are anecdotal, but they do offer some promising alternatives to be studied in the future: "Use of prolonged Heavy Metal Music Exposure on Infants: A controlled Sleep Study."

No comments: