Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Blue Eyes?


My niece just got her first pair of glasses. (bad eyes run in the family). She looks so frigging cute. Yet, I think her expression says it all. "Yeah. I'm wearing fu%$ing glasses now. Isn't this great?"
She may never now how lucky she actually is. I am exceedingly thankful that it is now illegal to manufacture and distribute those late 70's plastic frames (goggles) that were mandatory when I was a kid.
We don't want kids crying themselves to sleep listening to Judas Priest records nowadays. They made wire frames, ya know, but some of us were just too "clumsy." Well, if we had glasses earlier, maybe that would not be an issue. And, we would not look like fat midget sea explorers with "feathered" hair. Did I mention that some of us were also a little chubby? Thanks, mom. Oh, and thanks for the zips.

Nevertheless, my niece has certainly been spared some psychological damage.


I think the baby will have blue eyes (can't tell from the picture). She will be six months old soon. I can't remember when big sister's eyes stopped changing color. We thought she would have blue eyes, but they changed to hazel and then eventually to light brown. We will have to wait and see about the glasses...glasses.... not goggles....not goggles with sparkly initials in the lower left hand corner of the left lens. And no ZIPS!



2 comments:

Kelly O said...

Is there anything cuter than a little kid in glasses? I think not!

Anonymous said...

Zips?