Saturday, August 9, 2008

Rock Hard, Ride Free!!!!!

I have been preparing for the Priest concert for the last few weeks, which accounts for my absence. The planning, studying, and meditation is very time consuming. Yet, a requirement nonetheless (kidding! I've just been too busy). The show was great! Rob's voice was strained and he did not even attempt to hit the high notes. However, the band made up for this by playing flawlessly. The shinny thing in the middle of the picture is Rob riding out on his motorcycle. Hell bent for Leather!
Heaven and Hell (Early 80's Sabbath with Dio) put on a great show. Their music reminds me of rusted out Monte Carlos and the smell of pot smoke. Tony Iommi looks more like Tommy Chong now a days, but played beautifully. Dio's voice has not aged at all. Oh, the winged creature on the tree in the picture exhaled puffs of smoke and had red flashing eyes during the show. So metal!



Of course Motorhead was a huge crowd pleaser. I have no idea what in the hell Lemmy was saying during his dialog. At one point he either said, "It's great to see all of our fans again" or "I ate grits, seaweed and half a can of gin." Neither would surprise me.
The cool thing was how chill the scene was. The fans were nice to one another. I talked with people around me between sets. There were kids with parents. Naturally, there were a lot more bald and gray heads in the audience. However, we held up pretty well. I really hope these kind of shows don't fade away too quickly. They are sooooo much fun!!!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this post. So gleeful!

Heather said...

I am banking on him eating the seaweed, grits and gin. That made me laugh out loud.

Anonymous said...

You Went!!!!! yeah!

mel